Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Long Time...

Well, I guess that it's been a while again. I mean, not in the grand scheme of things, but in the time relative to the existence of this blog and the frequency of posts that are written and published.

There is big news: I finished. The first draft is finished, and I have received feedback. So, from now until 29 May I will be editing and honing in my arguments. This thesis is happening, and I am excited. Frankly, it will be interesting to edit such a long piece -- my promotor said to take it sentence by sentence, especially since I have to edit down 3000 words, in order to arrive at 20000, but at the same time, I have to lengthen a section. What does one do? Once more into the breach, I guess.

It's been a fun time with Aristotle, but I have realized that he is not my first philosophic love. It's okay, he know it. But I have a great respect for Aristotle, and I think I know see how he can be brought into the contemporary conversation more fully. I argued and would argue that it is possible through a phenomenological understanding of Aristotle on, at least, perception. Yes, he uses interesting terminology and structuring, but in the end, I do think that it is compatible with a phenomenological understanding of perception and motility. I would love to write another paper on the intersection of Aristotle and Merleau-Ponty on just this idea. Right now, the two are in tangential conversation in my thesis -- but there should be a way to force them to talk.

Anyways, I will make an honest effort at updating this more, but we will have to see what happens. I might just write random thoughts and questions. Which, I guess, is exactly what I have been doing...Yep, that is exactly what I have been doing. At least, I am consistent in not following a plan...

No comments: